Q: Q: Starting issue, fuel smell

In the last ten months or so, my car started having difficulty starting. Recently, I had it tuned up but it didn't solve the problem. The car would chug when I turn the key in the ignition, However, I have to apply the gas pedal in order for it to turn on. Then, I could smell the fuel quite a bit. What could be the issue?

A few things can cause rough starting like you have described. The usual culprits are issues with the battery, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, or the ignition switch.

I’d recommend enlisting a qualified technician to help you check these components. A proper diagnostic will pinpoint your starting issue then the necessary repairs can be made.

3. Q: Starting issue, fuel smell