Rattling noise while throttling and power loss uphill. mi...

Q: Rattling noise while throttling and power loss uphill.

asked by on September 12, 2017

There is a rattling noise when throttling , uphill shows lack of power. When car is on neutral and revved no such noise is experienced.

It sounds like you may have a stretched out belt or potentially a worn out pulley bearing that may be causing the rattling noise you are describing. In some cases, loose exhaust components may also cause a bit of rattling as well. Depending on the condition of the brake pads, they may also cause a bit of rattling if they are in need of being replaced. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to ensure everything is in proper working order.