Q: Grand Am headlights flashing even when car is off. 2004

asked by on July 06, 2017

My girlfriends car's headlights are flashing/flickering. When she turns the car off, the headlights stay on and continue to flicker. This has happened before, however in the past when she turned the car off and then on again, the problem would go away.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. Most of the time, this type of problem is caused by a loose headlight lamp connection, a faulty electrical relay or a problem with the headlight switch itself. If the switch is damaged, it can cause the headlights to flash intermittently as you’ve described. If this problem persists, it is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic [complete an electrical inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electric-problems-inspection to isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr