Q: How much would it cost to replace door lock actuator?

asked by on May 11, 2017

How much would it cost to replace the actuator for the power locks in my vehicle?

sent to CS

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

I have a tapping noise coming from left side of motor on top while pressing the gas on cold starts.

Hello. The most common cause of this noise in your vehicle is a leaking exhaust manifold. It is common for the bolts on the rear of the manifold to break, causing a small leak. Most of the time you will...

2010 impala Car shakes when I'm on a stop sign or red light on drive or reverse but not on park or neutral what's the problem?

Hi Alejandro. Thanks for contacting us today. Sometimes when you experience this type of vibration as you've described, it's caused by a damaged input shaft or other components inside the differential. This could also be a loose or damaged engine/transmission...

Check Tire Pressure warning light coming on

Hi there. The tire pressure monitoring system uses a pressure sensor in each tire that sends a signal to the computer about the tire pressure. If the air pressure in the tires are at manufacturer specifications and the light is...

44re. Trans flter, transducer and gov pressure solenoid replaced. Get loud clunk now going into reverse. fluid level is good.

I would recommend placing the vehicle back on all four wheels and see if that noise still exists. I would also recommend test driving the vehicle to determine if the transmission functions properly otherwise. If the noise only happens one...

How do I turn on the electronic range select (ERS)?

Electronic range select (ERS) allows the driver to decide the highest gear their car can operate in. You can enter ERS at any moment by shifting your automatic transmission from DRIVE to ERS. When you shift to ERS, your vehicle...

Hello just recently my car engine light turned on my 2010 camaro as. The psi stay at 0 for a while but also jumps to 70 psi and st

If you are referring to oil pressure (in PSI) hopefully it is a gauge malfunction and not an actual drop in oil pressure to zero. You can measure oil pressure using an external test gauge. If the check engine light...

Ford Edge Powertrain Warning Light

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic. The issue could be the wiring inside the transmission or the harness to the transmission. Check the harness to the transmission for any debris, corrosion, or broken / bent wires. Use a...

Should i buy the car for 4k and get a engine swap

Hi there. Modern car engine swaps are not as simple as in years past. Among some of the common issues include transmission compatibility, ECU and ignition system troubles and other electrical gremlins. If you have a professional performance shop complete...

How bad is it to repair a ball joint and CV axle?

You are looking at a lengthy repair. There are several components that will need to be replaced. It is hard to say how rough the removal and installation of these parts will be, because the amount of damage that has...