Q: Q: My car Is leaking transmission fluid.

As I noticed, my car needed two new cv axles, both in front left and right. Everything was fine, everything ran perfectly fine. The day of that I changed my cv axles, i had to bang the passenger side cv axle with a mallet to take it out. I then inserted the new one. After that I was driving to school only to feel my transmission slip and my rpm not meeting up with my acceleration. We added oil and noticed it was leaking when I got back home from school. It only leaks when I drive the car. Not in park or off. We changed the seal but it still had no effect. Less of a leak yes but still leaking. Note: this started happening after I replaced my cv axles. I am very confused and need help. Please get back to me.

If the output shaft seal (where the seal engages the inboard CV segment) is leaking even though the seal is new the possible causes of the leak are: wrong seal; seal is cocked in the bore, not properly positioned or was damaged during installation; the bushing or bearing supporting the inboard segment of the axle is excessively worn allowing leakage past the seal; or there is a groove worn in the seal surface. Both left and right seals should be changed of course. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed and repaired by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an axle shaft seal inspection/repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: My car Is leaking transmission fluid.