My car will not accelerate past 20 mph. No check engine i...

Q: My car will not accelerate past 20 mph. No check engine is on and I just replaced ignition coil 06 Kia Rio base

asked by on July 31, 2017

My car will not accelerate beyond 20 mph. Engine light is not on and I just replaced ignition coil for misfire.

This issue could be occurring for several different reasons. Firstly, it is possible that there could be an issue with the spark plugs and wires. On a four cylinder engine only one or two bad plugs can cause the engine to run very rough and may prevent you from getting up to speed. Consider YourMechanic as spark plugs can be replaced at your home or office. Secondly, there could be an issue with your transmission in which case I would recommend enlisting in the assistance of a certified transmission specialist to diagnose and repair this issue.