Q: Leak from Manifold

I failed a WOF because of a exhaust leak from manifold and we have blocked up the exhaust for a few seconds to see if any visable smoke coming from any where and we can't see any I was just wondering would it need a new manifold gasket?

You are correct. The most likely cause of an intake manifold leak, is gasket failure. These gaskets fail for a number of reasons and can be swapped out in a day. The majority of the process is removing the manifold to access the gasket. Once you have done that and labeled everything (needed to make sure you assemble it correctly), all you have to do is clean the surface from the old gasket and install the new one. If you are planning on doing this repair yourself, you will want a guide and or instructions on the procedure specific to your make and model. When having a technician do it, a majority of what you will pay will be labor. But if you think its too much for you to handle, having this done correctly is worth every penny. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can assist with the replacement of your exhaust manifold gasket.