Q: Do you need to change the rotor when the brake pads needs to be replaced for the front and rear?

Just wondered if the rotor needs to be replaced when changing brake pads.

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your Mercedes-Benz ML350. It is recommended to replace it if the rotor surface is worn, damaged, or is too thin. Typically I would always recommend replacing the rotors anytime the pads are changed. By doing so it gives the pads a good flat surface to work on. If you need to have your brake pads and rotors replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to do so.

• Do you need to change the rotor when the brake pads needs to be replaced for the front and rear?