Q: Car is having temperature issues - 2003 Nissan Altima

Cold while sitting, warms up while driving, soon as I stop athe light or stop sign it gets cold like the ac is on. Had a cracked gasket but put k seal in it, it fixed it for mean time but antifreeze is going great fast and car not putting out warm heat , what do I need to do , and how much. Thanks

Hi there. From the description you have given, your vehicle’s heater not working is not the only problem that needs to be addressed. Chances are the sealer could have plugged the heater core. A cooling system flush could correct the inoperative heater but could also start the gasket’s leaking again. It could be that the engine’s thermostat is stuck open not allowing the engine to get to operating temperature.

I recommend having your vehicle’s not putting out warm heat be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Car is having temperature issues - 2003 Nissan Altima