Q: My car pulls to the driver's side when braking, i've fitted new pads and a new caliper on the passenger side but no difference.

My car pulls to the driver's side when braking, i've fitted new pads and a new caliper on the passenger side but no difference. It also makes a bad knocking sound going over bumps although i had new shock absorbers and springs fitted last year. What should i check next? I'm in the UK so my car isn't listed below, its a Vauxhall Corsa. Which I believe is owned by General Motors

Hello, and thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why your vehicle may pull to one side or the other while braking. The first thing to consider is a warped rotor or faulty brake pads. When you replace the pads and rotors on the vehicle you need to replace two or four of them at a time. Replacing just the one on passenger side will not be adequate. With that being said, you are more concerned about the rotors then you are the calibers. The calibers hold the brake pads to the rotors when needed. It is a warped rotor or a bad brake pad that will cause the vehicle to pull. You should start with the full service brake job including machining the rotors to flatten them out if needed, and all new brake pads. If the problem continues after that, get an alignment done on the vehicle. For more help contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car pulls to the driver's side when braking, i've fitted new pads and a new caliper on the passenger side but no difference.