Q: engine full of gas

Rebuilt motor put in started and seemed to run and sound good. Shut off and started again now wont run. When cold can get started but very rough when give any gas load knocking in motor and wont stay running. Exhaust smells heavy. Engine light did not come on however Checked Codes : shows P135 oxygen sensor and P1282 Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit Malfunction. took motor apart fuel full in intake, what would cause this and could this cause the loud knocking noise in motor?

Hi there. The issue is the fuel pump relay is malfunctioning and causing the fuel pump to pump to much when it is not demanded. The knocking noise is the fuel going into the cylinders and hydrolocking the cylinders. I recommend replacing the fuel pump relay and pumping out the fuel in the intake. If you need further assistance with your fuel system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. engine full of gas