Q: Driver side wheel noise. While driving making spinning grinding sound and when come to a stop a clunk.

While driving from time to time( just in the last week ) my driver side wheel makes a grinding metallic sound. If the wheel is still making the sound when I come to a stop there is a continual spinning grinding sound then it makes a clunk. Like when something is spinning then comes to an full stop.

An issue like this is possibly related to: brake system/rotor faults, wheel bearing failure, and/or axle failure. If and once those categories of failure are ruled out, then of course other components such as the differential and transmission would be considered. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the origin of the noise and get this issue taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.