Q: Rear bank of cylinders has no spark.

i have a 2007 suzuki xl7 and only the front 3 pistons are working the other 3 are not working the did not have spark i change coils , spark plugs and still same problem if some one have any idea about this problem, thank you

A: Hello. A no spark condition can be caused ...

Hello. A no spark condition can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If the issues appear to be affecting an entire bank, that is an entire side of the engine, then it may be possible that there is some sort of electrical wiring fault. This particular model of vehicle uses individual ignition coils for each cylinder. I would carefully inspect the wiring harnesses to each affected cylinder to see if any of them show any signs of damage or wear. If the wiring looks good, then a few other things I would look into are the cam and crankshaft position sensors, and possibly the engine computer. The ignition system is triggered by these three components, and any faults with them can result in ignition system malfunctions. If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your performance issues.