Q: my car wont crank after i replaced the radiator

car wont start after replacing my radiator

Hi there. Most of the time, the issue you’re experiencing is caused due to an electrical short that occurred while the radiator was being replaced. One of the first lessons we’re taught in automotive technology is to always disconnect the negative terminal from the battery when replacing any component that might have an electrical connection. The radiator has the fan and thermostat that are connected electrically.

With a car like a 2013 Kia Forte, the issue could be a fuse that blew, or the ECU will display a code that needs to be reset. If the engine isn’t cranking over at all, check the fuses and ECU. If you don’t have the correct tools to complete this task, contact a local certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair the starting issue for you.