Q: What's a camshaft sensor do?

I just want to know what the camshaft sensor does to the car. Why it's important for it

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The camshaft position sensor reads a reluctor wheel on the camshaft and determines the location of the firing sequence from cylinder 1 to cylinder 6. The camshaft position sensor works in relation with the crankshaft position sensor to allow the correct ignition timing and the correct fuel injection timing. Without the camshaft position sensor and just relying on the crankshaft position sensor, the engine will run poorly and only rely on cylinder 1 for timing sequences for the ignition and fuel injectors.