Q: Brake lights on trunk not working

The brake lights on my trunk aren't working. This is after replacing all the bulbs and fuses (even though the tester said they were fine.) the brake light in the rear window works, and the tail lights work. Blinkers, reverse lights, headlights, high beams - everything works except the trunk brake lights. The only other thing not working is my cruise control. Might that be related? If not, what would cause the brake lights to stop working just on my trunk?

A: For some reason, when consulting the wiring...

For some reason, when consulting the wiring diagram, I don’t see a trunk mounted brake light listed. I only see the high mount (one in the rear window) listed. Regardless, if the trunk bulb is not working with a new bulb, there is a problem with the circuit. Check for both power and ground at the bulb. Once you’ve determined which is lacking, you’ll have to trace the circuit to determine where the problem lies. Since you said all of the other brake lights work, the cruise control is likely unrelated. Electrical diagnosis can be difficult, so I suggest you have a trained professional tackle the problem with your brake lights for you.