Q: Foot pedal vibration at certain RPM's?

asked by on November 30, 2016

My 1999 suburban has a foot pedal vibration between 1200-1400 rpm, mostly pronounced when in drive. Has been going on for the past 10k miles and hasn't affected drivability at all, but it's been killing me to know what it is! It is only felt when at certain speeds where the engine is at low rpm (after it shifts into gear going 35-40) but after about 45 mph it isn't felt. Went from a steady vibration (like a phone vibrating) to almost a tapping sensation. About half of the time I can hear it when I first start accelerating when in drive. This harmonic has stopped about twice, but always reoccurs. Motor mounts seem to be fine. Ujoints don't have excessive play. Vibration is only felt in foot pedal, can't feel it on the firewall or brake pedal. Could it be picking up a vibration through the accelerator cable? Thanks for the help

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The vibration still sounds like it could be coming from a worn engine or transmission mount. You may be able to do a simple check by engaging the parking brake and putting the vehicle in drive and blipping the throttle pedal while holding the foot brake, and the same in reverse. If you feel a clunk or a thud when you blip the throttle, you ma have a worn engine or transmission mount. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and perform this engine mount test for you as well as look over the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of the vibration.