Q: after oil change the oil pressure light comes on and off

asked by on August 02, 2017

I did an oil change on my van since then the low oil pressure light comes on and goes off the oil is over full so there is plenty in there I put full synthetic 5w 30 in it my question is could the over full be causing this or did I put the wrong oil in it I never had any problems with anything with the oil before why immediately after doing the oil change am I have issues it makes me think the problem is the oil I put in it

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You used the correct viscosity rating. If the oil level is above the full line, reduce it to the full line or below on the dipstick. If the oil level is too high or too low that could cause the oil pressure to be out of range. Once the oil level is correct, if the oil pressure light comes on, the pressure should be measured directly using an external test gauge. If the pressure is OK, the pressure sensor and the circuit will have to be diagnosed. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an oil pressure/warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr