Q: Tail lights intermittent and brake lights sometimes stay on, then I tap brake pedal and they shut off?

Tail lights going on and off. Sometimes my vehicle tries to die it does every once in awhil. Then I am parked with it running it start to idol high then does die. Maybe a sensor

Hi there. The intermittent tail lights may be, a poor connection at the fuse. The headlight switch may be the cause for the intermittent tail lights. The brake lights staying on, is most likely, a faulty brake light switch. The engine stalling, could be any number of issues, ie; a vacuum leak, a dirty or faulty IAC (idle air control) valve, a low fuel pressure situation caused by a faulty fuel pump, a faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor incorrectly calculating the incoming air to the engine. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s lighting issues and engine stalling(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection) be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• Tail lights intermittent and brake lights sometimes stay on, then I tap brake pedal and they shut off?