Q: Fan stays on when car off

asked by on February 08, 2016

The fan is not working properly. It stays on full speed with the car is turned off. The climate control panel does not come on when the car is started. The fan will go off after about 30 minutes.

The blower motor resistor seems to be a common repair on your car. It can cause the blower motor to run when the key is off. The heat and AC and your car has a dedicated computer. It also could be faulty. Check the fuses first. To have this issue fixed, you can have a mechanic inspect your air conditioning and replace your blower motor resistor if needed.