Q: Sound system "hiss" when the car and radio are off

I've purchased this car new. It has a problem with the sound system. When the car is turned off as well as the radio, there is a noticeable hissing sound coming from the sound system. Both the back and front speakers make the hissing noise. I went to the dealer who claims that this is the design flaw of the car. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about your 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman. The noise you are hearing likely is a design flaw on the stereo and speaker system as mentioned. Usually the bluetooth feature is what causes the hissing noise in near vehicles. Adding a noise canceler to the radio system will help phase out the hissing sound. A stereo shop will be the best place to get the noise canceler installed.

3. Sound system "hiss" when the car and radio are off