Q: Van shakes, makes knocking noise - 1993 GMC G2500

The problem with my van occurred out of the blue. I was driving the other day and was stopped in the traffic at one point. When I started accelerating to keep driving, the van shook badly. Then it ran very rough. The rest of the drive, the van kept shuddering and there was a knocking noise. The shuddering was the worst both during acceleration and deceleration. What might be the cause? What parts do I need to replace?

A: Hello. You will need to find out if your en...

Hello. You will need to find out if your engine is misfiring due to an ignition part like plug wires, plugs, or distributor parts like a cap and rotor or the module. If all the tune-up maintenance is done to replace all the above parts, then it should run good. You may just have a bad cap and rotor, but the wires and plugs could be causing them to burn out. To have this checked, enlist the help of a certified technician from YourMechanic to diagnose the vibration issue and guide through repairs.