Air conditioning compressor stopped working v6-3.2l 1999 ...

Q: Air conditioning compressor stopped working

asked by on February 08, 2016

A new air conditioning compressor has stopped working.

If the compressor was recently replaced and has stopped working then most of the time it is because a fitting was left loose and all of the refrigerant came out or there is a loose electrical connection. It is also possible that the compressor is defective, but that is not as common. A mechanic would first check the pressure in the system to see if it was a leak. If the system is still full then the circuit needs to be checked to see if the connection at the compressor is fine and if it is getting power. If you have a warranty then I would have the same mechanic take a look at it.