Q: Battery wont stay charged

1973 Ford Thunderbird there might be a slow draw with the battery when i have the connection hooked up the battery dies so i have to unplug the battery time i get out i have replaced the battery and alternator and it still dose the same thing then i tested the alternator when the car was on and it was reading 12.6 volts

A: It appears the alternator is providing the ...

It appears the alternator is providing the correct charge (within range) to the battery at 12.6 volts. This also suggests that the voltage regulator is working properly. You may have a slight power draw coming from somewhere in the car. Try checking things like interior lights, stereo connections, trunk light, under hood light and anything else that may have a small bit of power coming from it that may otherwise get left on when leaving the car overnight. You may also have a grounding issue somewhere as well. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a battery will not hold a charge inspection on your vehicle and help diagnose this issue.