Q: Car dies if I let off gas pedal

My car will not keep running. If I give it gas, keeping it above 1,500 RPMs, it runs good. If I let off of the gas pedal, it dies.

This is a common problem that I run across frequently on this engine. The most common cause of this is a bad intake manifold gasket. When this occurs it create a large vacuum leak that makes it hard for the engine to idle. It can also be caused by a number of other issues, but this is the most common. A mechanic would typically do either a smoke test of the intake manifold, or would check the fuel trim readings with a scan tool to see if there is a sign of too much air entering the engine. The smoke test would show the leakage and the fuel trim reading would show too much air entering the engine. I would recommend having your stalling issue diagnosed soon so that you don’t find your vehicle stuck out there on the road.