Q: It will rev at high RPMs but in drive it won't move until 2k RPMs. It will only stay in that area of RPMs

The drive light is blinking and the CEL is on no grinds but wont move on idle at all how it should

Hi. The first task is to extract the problem codes which the Check Engine light indicates are present. These codes are most helpful in diagnosing problems with your vehicle.

Two different transmissions were offered in the Civic - the HX models received a constantly variable transmission, where the engine revs to a speed near 2K as you note, and the transmission dynamically changes gear ratios. Based on the symptoms, I believe you have this type of transmission. The CVT transmission has a forward clutch, and it sounds like that clutch is failing.

If you want to have this all taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can determine the cause of the high RPMs so that this can be repaired.

3. It will rev at high RPMs but in drive it won't move until 2k RPMs. It will only stay in that area of RPMs