Q: Car overheated and smoke came out

My car overheated and smoke came from under hood.

Overheating can be caused by a number of things that result in smoke or steam coming from the engine bay.

Assuming your engine didn’t catch on fire, what you are seeing may be steam; hot fluid escaping and boiling off into the air. Your vehicle’s cooling system is under pressure, so weak hoses containing water or coolant at a very high temperature can rupture in the engine bay - especially at the radiator or bypass - causing steam.

My suggestion is to have a mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, come out to check the cooling system components for failures and determine the cause.

3. Car overheated and smoke came out