Q: Hard shifting from 1st to 2nd

Replaced my pressure control solenoids in tranny, filter, and fluid, went for ride shifted great, next day problem came back, fluid is ok, replaced TPS still shifting hard could I have bad wire connection at solenoids or not right voltage at the TPS sensor. What do you think?

Hi there. The problem with your transmission is the 1 to 2 shift accumulator has either a broken spring or a split o-ring on the piston. You can replace this very easily. Drop the pan and gasket. If you just replaced the oil, be sure to keep the transmission oil and filter to reuse it. Remove the filter and put it in a ziploc bag to reuse.

You will find a cap that is located at the right rear of the transmission that has 3 bolts on it. Remove the bolts and take off the cap. (Note: if the cap breaks the black seal on the transmission, you will need to replace the seal, which will allow you to remove the valve body).

In the cap, you will see a piston and a spring. That piston is for 1 to 2 upshift. Look to see if the seal on the piston is in good shape and check for the spring condition. If both are good, then there is a secondary spring in the valve body that could be sticking.

If the seal or spring is damaged, replace them and put your transmission back together. If you need further assistance diagnosing your shift issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.