Q: Hesitates to accelerate I've tried seafoam either I didn't know what I was doing or it just didn't work.

I'm not sure if it's a spark plug because my check engine light isn't on but is it possible it could still be a spark plug. I'd hate to pay for a new fuel pump if the issue can be resolved by cleaning the fuel pump if that is the issue. Do you recommend and other fuel cleaner? Someone said to try b-12.

Hesitation to accelerate can be due to spark, air, or fuel. With you vehicle being close to 10 years old, it is a good idea to do a few maintenance procedures. If you suspect the spark plugs need to be changed, you should change all of them. This is something you want to do all at once, rather than one spark plug at a time. When replacing the spark plugs, inspect the ignition cables (spark plug wires) and make sure they are in good condition. If you have not replaced the fuel filter recently, you should look at replacing that before you replace the fuel pump. Make sure you oil is topped off and in good condition. Also make sure you air filter and the air intake is clean and clear. It’s not that I recommend to fix all of these things at once. However, these are all possible causes for your symptoms. These are also relatively easy tasks to perform, and things that need to be done as regular maintenance. You may want to start with getting the vehicle checked. A qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the hesitating acceleration issue so that the correct repairs can be done from the beginning.

• Hesitates to accelerate I've tried seafoam either I didn't know what I was doing or it just didn't work.