Q: Brake controller plug in

I have the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT WITH factory tow package. I am trying to connect my Tekonsha brake controller using the Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter for Electric Brake Controllers. Where is this plug in found?

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Try looking near or around the rear bumper. Look under the bumper around the frame to see if the factory has coiled up the harness. If you cannot find any harness near the rear bumper at all, then your vehicle may have a transmission tow package only. This means that the transmission is built to handle a tow, but the wiring was not installed. If you need more help, your best bet may be to consult with the dealer to assist with your towing setup.