Q: The pipe that goes from my catalytic converter and connects to my mufflers is rusted off. What is that pipe called ?

The pipe that goes from my catalytic converter and goes toward the end of my car connecting to my mufflers is called what ? It rusted off my mufflers and every time I drive you can hear the air and it's makes a loud sound. What parts do I need ? Do I just need that pipe ? Or another part to connect it back to the mufflers since it rusted off ?

Hello, the pipe between the catalytic convertor and muffler is called an intermediate pipe. You may need to replace the mufflers if that connection is also rusted. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic Technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of the exhaust system. Please look at this web site for more information and service options. (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/exhaust-fume-odor-in-car-inspection)

3. The pipe that goes from my catalytic converter and connects to my mufflers is rusted off. What is that pipe called ?