Q: The pipe that goes from my catalytic converter and connects to my mufflers is rusted off. What is that pipe called ?

asked by on July 09, 2017

The pipe that goes from my catalytic converter and goes toward the end of my car connecting to my mufflers is called what ? It rusted off my mufflers and every time I drive you can hear the air and it's makes a loud sound. What parts do I need ? Do I just need that pipe ? Or another part to connect it back to the mufflers since it rusted off ?

Exhaust fume odor in car Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, the pipe between the catalytic convertor and muffler is called an intermediate pipe. You may need to replace the mufflers if that connection is also rusted. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic Technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of the exhaust system. Please look at this web site for more information and service options. (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/exhaust-fume-odor-in-car-inspection)