Q: Is it true that once you use synthetic motor oil, you can't go back to conventional or blend?

Is it true that once you use synthetic motor oil, you can't go back to conventional or blend?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. This is on...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This is one of the biggest myths that exist when it comes to motor oils. You can most certainly switch back and forth at anytime. Synthetic oils are in fact simply a blend of synthetic and other conventional oils. It is recommended, however, that you use the same oils to top off when needed to ensure the best protection for the oils you have chosen to use. When it's time for an oil change, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the service for you.