My 2013 Chevy sonic makes a knockin/clicking noise when I...

Q: My 2013 Chevy sonic makes a knockin/clicking noise when I'm coming to a stop or when I slightly turn and idk what it is everyone e

asked by on August 18, 2017

Ok my car dash keeps saying my car is low on compliment the little boat symbol comes up BUT the thing is it has plenty of fluid in it the reservoir is like the only thing that gets hot and steam..ive changed my oil radiator hose but it still happens and now when I'm coming to a stop I hear and feel a knockin/clicking sound idk anything about cars and I'm tired of different people telling me it's this and that. Now I'm at the point where I'm currently fina go get a thermostat and replace it but before I probably waist my money is there a possibility that that's the problem or is it something else? PLEASE PLEASE can I get a very well experienced advice from someone who truly and honestly knows about cars on a ADVANCED MASTER level???

You mention "steam" and interest in installing a new cooling system thermostat but it is not clear from your description if the car is overheating. If the car is overheating, yo can request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem pinpointed and resolved. With regard to the noise, it is not clear from your description if that is engine related versus suspension/wheel/brake related. The potential overheating issue is most critical though, as driving the car if overheating is damaging, so what I suggest you do is resolve that first and while the mechanic is there resolving that, the mechanic can evaluate your noise complaint, too, and let you know of the cause of the noise. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.