Q: 2008 Cadillac STS rear bearing ,how do I get the 3 bolts off the bearing the CV shaft is in the way I pushed it in as far as it ca

2008 Cadillac STS rear bearing I'm in the middle of doing this I can't get to the three bolts it's very close to the CV joint I can't get a socket over

On this vehicle the upper control arm to knuckle retaining nut must be removed. Using SST (special service tool) J 43631 (or equivalent) the upper control arm is separated from the knuckle. After the hub/bearing assembly bolts are removed, typically to get the hub off the driveshaft requires SST J 45859, Snap-on CJ129 Universal Hub Puller, OTC - 7394 Universal Hub Puller, or equivalent, in order to separate the driveshaft from the wheel bearing/hub. The hub nut torque is very critical and must be set using a calibrated torque wrench to exactly 160 N·m (118 lb ft). Unfortunately, if you use an air tool to tighten that nut, or do not use a torque wrench, typically the new bearing will fail anywhere from immediately to 10,000 miles or more if you are lucky. The hub nut is what sets the amount of preload on the bearing; that’s why the torque on the nut is so critical. Further, the Factory Service Manual states that the old hub nut should not be re-used. You must use a new nut. If you are in the midst of this but do not have the special tools, YourMechanic can still dispatch a certified professional to finish up the job according to the Factory Service Manual instructions and torque specifications. To schedule a mobile visit, simply re-contact YourMechanic at 844-249-6752. Please let us know if we can help further.

3. 2008 Cadillac STS rear bearing ,how do I get the 3 bolts off the bearing the CV shaft is in the way I pushed it in as far as it ca