Q: car pulls to right after being hit hard on left tire and slight dent on wheel well.

asked by on December 01, 2016

kia van backed out of driveway into bmw hitting about the driverside wheel well. After accident notice that the tire was turned at 2o clock position towards right side of car. There was slight den above at bridge of wheel well. Car was test driven and was driving fine no pulling or vibration. Car was driven approx. 726.5 miles without no issues or symptoms. Now car pulls to the right at speeds above 50 miles/hr.

What could be the issue? Are there any specific parts that could be damaged? What's the appropriate test(s) to diagnose the Problem? Appreciate your response. Thank you

There was probably at least some damage to your tie rods. These are the connections between the steering rack and the wheel. If one is bent or fatigued, it could even be dangerous to drive the car. There are some other components that may also have suffered including the control arms and the struts. At the very least you need to have the alignment set. Alignments are available at tire stores as well as the dealerships for a wide range of prices, but this can be a real case of you-get-what-you-pay-for. The alignment at the dealership or at a BMW specialty shop will be more expensive, but also more complete than a tire store.I recommend you have the front end inspected by a Technician from your mechanic before you get that alignment. you can usually count on the alignment technician to inform you of what pieces are damaged and need to be replaced before completing the alignment, but then you have to do the repairs on their terms and not yours.