Q: Truck computer not recognizing key.

My truck will not crank. When the key is in the ignition, the theft light blinks fast and the truck will not turn over. I think it might have something to do with the computer not recognizing the key.

A: The Ford PATS (Passive Ant-Theft System) wi...

The Ford PATS (Passive Ant-Theft System) will react like this when the key is not recognized. The key not being recognized could be one of 3 factors, bad key, faulty PATS antenna ring, or a faulty PATS computer. Try all available keys first to make sure it is not just one faulty key causing the problem, then you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one fromYourMechanic, to use a scan tool to interrogate the PATS system to determine the faulty component and recommend the proper repair.