Q: My question is...where is the oil pressure sending unit on a 2006 Kia Sorento ex.

asked by on September 18, 2017

My question is...where is the oil pressure sending unit on a 2006 Kia Sorento ex. I am having trouble finding where it may be located. I tried to do the job but I don't believe I have all the right tools. Can you please help me. From what I was told I had an oil leak. I drained the old oil, replaced the old oil filter for a new one. I did not put new oil in because the oil pressure sending unit needs to be replaced. The guy I brought it from say it's the oil pump and another say it's the sending unit. Please help me out

The oil pressure sending unit (switch) should be at the base of the oil filter assembly toward the top front of the cylinder block (pulley side, that is). Removal may require a specially shaped "socket". Unless you have confirmed that the switch body is leaking oil, I wouldn’t suggest "automatically" replacing it. Oil can leak from many places on an engine and so you need the actual leak location pinpointed prior to deciding what to do about. If you desire, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform an oil leak diagnostic and then let you know of your repair options and costs.