Q: Should I change my rotors?

I enquiring as to whether I could do a quick fix on my car until my rotors get here... I need to change all pads and rotors on my car and plan to do it myself but I've been without a car so long can I just re order new pads to come with my rotors and put the pads I have now on as a temporary fix?

Without seeing the vehicle, it would be hard to say if it would be safe. However, if the rotors are still of a usable thickness, it is possible to do what is referred to as a "pad slap", which means to install new brake pads on current rotors. This is not a recommended practice, as I assume there is a reason you need to replace the rotors. Also, if this is something that you decide to do, it would be best to replace the brake pads again when the rotors come in, due to the new brake pads will be broken in to the rotors, and they will not perform well on the new rotors after they are installed. My best recommendation would be to wait for the rotors to come in so that they can be installed simultaneously, but it wouldn’t be completely wrong to conduct a pad slap.

3. Should I change my rotors?