Do you have to lift the engine to change oil pan gasket i...

Q: Do you have to lift the engine to change oil pan gasket in 2007 Chevy impala and how many hours would it take to replace

asked by on September 19, 2017

Do you have to lift the engine to change oil pan gasket in 2007 Chevy impala and how many hours would it take to replace? Also if oil leaks on ground how long do I have to get it fixed and how much should I expect to pay?

I believe on these engines the engine mounts will have to be removed and the engine will have to be jacked up slightly. Since a Jack and block of wood cannot be used on the bottom because the oil pan will be removed there is a special hoist that is used to raise the engine from the top of the vehicle. The time it will take will depend on if the proper tools are available and your experience level. As for oil removal from the ground I cannot say for certain how much it will cost however I would recommend calling around local places to see if that service is provided in your area.