Q: What should I do to troubleshoot the active park assist system?

What should I do to troubleshoot the active park assist system?

While your car’s active park assist (APA) system isn’t designed to require maintenance, there may be problems that crop up from time to time. The following list should give you the ability to troubleshoot some common problems on your own:

• APA won’t search for parking spaces – If the traction control system is off or if one of the doors is open (other than the driver front door), the system won’t work.

• APA seems to miss some spaces – There are quite a few reasons that the system might seem to ignore some open spots, including:

• There’s an obstruction over one of the sensors.
    • There’s not enough room in the space.
    • You’re too far from the space for the system to detect it accurately.
    • You’re too close to objects on the side.
    • You’re in reverse (the system only works in drive).
    • APA doesn’t put the car in the right spot in the parking space:
    • You may be letting the car roll inadvertently.
    • There may be an irregular curb on the other side.
    • Objects on the side may be jutting into the space.
    • You attempted to steer the car yourself.
    • A car in front or behind is high off the ground and affecting the sensors.
  3. What should I do to troubleshoot the active park assist system?