Q: Rough idling, check engine light on

I've recently bought this car and it has some problems with the engine. The engine sounds rough during idling. Also, the check engine light comes on. I've also noticed that there is a slight pulling to the right side as I drive. What do you suggest I do to improve its performance?

First have an experienced technician, like one from YourMechanic, look the vehicle over and read the fault codes from the vehicle. The trouble code may unveil a problem causing the rough idle. Otherwise make sure the maintenance has been kept up. Oil changes, spark plugs, air filters, and such. As far as the pull, have the steering and suspension components inspected for any wear before having the vehicles alignment checked and adjusted if necessary.

3. Rough idling, check engine light on