Q: Steering pulls on the highway, seems dangerous

asked by on November 05, 2015

I really like my 2010 Honda Pilot but it has started pulling to one side while I am driving down the road. The pull isn’t very hard, but you have to keep an eye on the wheel otherwise you will start to drift over. My car only has 46,000 miles on it so I didn’t expect such an issue at this point. It is really beginning to become a concern! Is this normal for such a large vehicle or is this a bigger problem?

The front springs on the struts may need to be replaced. A thorough check of tires and tire pressures need to be done first. The manufacturer has issued a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 10-029, dated 4/20/2012, that covers replacing the two front coil springs on the strut dampers and resetting the alignment to specifications. This should correct your problem of pulling. The TSB is a covered repair under basic warranty and if you are out of warranty, it would be a charged repair. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect and diagnose why your car is pulling to one direction at your home or office.