Q: Car will not start during winter.

The car will not start. This started at the beginning of winter.

Check the battery charge level and charge the battery completely if necessary. The cranking voltage should not drop below 9.6 volts or the engine computer may not have enough power to come online and initiate fuel or spark. Listen for fuel pump operation while cranking. If there is no fuel pump operation then the fuel pump circuit including the pump and relay will need to be checked out. Next the fault memory in the engine computer needs to be read out. Based on stored faults the items will need to be corrected. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to assist in the diagnosis.

3. Car will not start during winter.