Q: AC takes a long time to get cold.

1. AC takes a long time to get cool. Or 2. the engine has to be rev'ed up to 1600 RPMs for about 3-5 minutes before it get cool. Sometimes it just stops cooling, other times it cold. Sometimes you can drive for 5-8 miles before it gets cold. Sometimes it does not get cold at all. (have replace all AC components (AC compressor, drier, switches to the drier. Meanwhile, while waiting for the cold air, it blows hot air.

Hello. This vehicle originally may have been equipped with R-12 refrigerant and has been converted to R-134A refrigerant. If this is the case, the system will leak out the R-134A over time out of the seals, hoses, and compressor since they were not designed to hold the newer refrigerant. Have the system checked to see if it is low on refrigerant and top off the system using the proper gauges in order to get the pressures correct without over or under charging it. You might even have some approved dye added so the leak can be identified.

3. AC takes a long time to get cold.