Q: I installed a new fuel pump on a 1997 dodge caravan, it turns on but no gas is getting to the engine. Access to the fuel filter is

I installed a new fuel pump it is turning on.But the car still wont start without starting fluid. I checked the engine with a pressure gauge and gas is not getting to the engine. The car is starting with spray. The fuel filter is rusted shut there is no way to get to it. Is bypassing the fuel filter a temporary solution to move this car about 25 miles . I can not work on it where it is and I can not afford to have it towed. I need to get it running long enough to move it 25 miles so I can work on it in a garage. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi there. It sounds like the fuel filter being corroded is the issue. It will need to be removed as well as any lines that may be corroded. You may have to replace a good portion of the lines if there is a lot of corrosion. If the vehicle cannot be serviced where it is then fuel lines can be used but they need to be able to handle over 50 psi. You would be best to get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [replace the fuel filter and lines] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/fuel-filter-replacement

3. I installed a new fuel pump on a 1997 dodge caravan, it turns on but no gas is getting to the engine. Access to the fuel filter is