Q: ABS Light, DSTC light, and Check Engine Light came on randomly today and car won't start

My wife drove our volvo to work with no issues. At the end of the work day, she went to start the car and it would not start. The ABS light, DSTC light and check engine light are illuminated.

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The DSTC has been temporarily switched off due to high brake temperature. The system will automatically switch on again when the brakes have cooled. If the system has been switched off due to a fault. An authorized Volvo retailer should check the system. Check for any blown fuses and look for any loose wires with the brake system. Also, check the brake fluid color. If the brake fluid is very dark, I recommend flushing the brake fluid. It is burned due to excessive moisture in the brake fluid. Moisture will cause brake fluid to boil. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.