Q: Added refrigerant, but no cold air

asked by on February 22, 2016

Air conditioner still not blowing cold air after adding refrigerant.

Heating AC Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are many causes for the AC not to be effective: Low refrigerant is common, but not always the source. The compressor has to turn on and provide the proper circulation. The expansion valve has to create the right amount of restriction. The temperature door in the dash has to move correctly. The engine’s cooling system and fans have to be working properly. Improper servicing of the system could lead to more problems, so you should have the system checked by a pro. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your car’s location to inspect your AC system, and suggest the best path to repair.