Q: Cruise control does not work. The light comes on the steering wheel but it does not work.

The cruise control does not work

Hi there. From description you have provided, your vehicle cruise control does not work, the light on the steering wheel does come on, could be still be the cruise control switch is at fault.

The circuit that turns on the light is separate in the switch from the circuit that turns on the cruise. Firstly, the issue could be that the contact ring brushes are worn in the steering column or the fuse has blown for the cruise control.

Another possibility could be that the [cruise control brake release switch has failed, closed/open, leading the system to believe brake is being applied.

Lastly, it could be a communication problem between the BCM (body control module) and PCM (Powertrain Control Module).

With all the possibilities. I recommend having your vehicle’s cruise control issue diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Cruise control does not work. The light comes on the steering wheel but it does not work.