Q: Noise from front end after a tire rotation. It sounds like four clacks and happens once each time the wheels make a full rotation.

I rotated the tires on my 2009 Ford Fusion. I used a floor jack, jack stands and a 4-way lug wrench. Afterwards when I moved the vehicle it made a clack sound, four sounds all together once each time the tire makes a complete rotation. it happens moving forward or reverse. Also when I raised the front end again I don't feel or hear the noise when moving the tire by hand. Also I can spin the tire by hand even though the car's in park. I have done this tire rotation before many times with no problems. I put the jackstands under the subframe during the rotation which I never did before. I'm wondering if the weight of the vehicle on the jack stands damaged the cv axles or transaxle. I haven't driven the vehicle out of the driveway because of the noise. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Hi there. The noise is coming from the lug nuts. Check all of the lug nuts and make sure that they are tight. If the lug nuts are tight, then look at the center of the wheel and make sure that it is aligning up with the hub on the axle. Make sure that the wheel is not out of round causing the wheel to move a little causing the sound. If you need further assistance with your front tires, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Noise from front end after a tire rotation. It sounds like four clacks and happens once each time the wheels make a full rotation.