Q: Can an alternator be damaged when replacing the water pump?

asked by on August 06, 2016

Car very recently had a water pump replaced. Two months prior to this, the battery was replaced due to discharge. New battery is now fully discharged as well. Can an alternator be damaged when replacing the water pump?

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The coolant that may have leaked from the water pump could have gotten into the alternator which could short it out. You should test the alternator and recharge the battery. You can also have a qualified mobile technician come to your home or office to adequately determine why your car’s battery will not hold a charge.