Q: Can an alternator be damaged when replacing the water pump?

Car very recently had a water pump replaced. Two months prior to this, the battery was replaced due to discharge. New battery is now fully discharged as well. Can an alternator be damaged when replacing the water pump?

The coolant that may have leaked from the water pump could have gotten into the alternator which could short it out. You should test the alternator and recharge the battery. You can also have a qualified mobile technician come to your home or office to adequately determine why your car’s battery will not hold a charge.

3. Can an alternator be damaged when replacing the water pump?